Wednesday 13 October 2010

Two Swallows equals a smile on my face

A short walk on the fell revealed a few birds with little groups of Redwings and Blackbirds scattered throughout and one and twos flying over every few minutes. Several Siskin, Bullfinch and 10 Lesser Redpoll were also about and there was a marked increase in the Chaffinch numbers. The number of additional birds probably means they have been joined by some from the Continental. Two birds coming towards me from the north turned out to be 2 juvenile Swallows. What was nice was that for some reason when they got closer, they headed for me and and started to circle and call over my head for several minutes before heading off to the south-west towards Africa. I know its daft, but that put a big smile on my face as I headed back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment