Friday 2 June 2017

That's me caught up

I was hoping to break the 600 barrier for the square by the end of May but missed out by just a few. It's been very busy since I got back (as May and June usually is) and with botanising outside the square quite a bit, I've have had little time to do this blog.

I've added all the species seen so far on the right hand side and think I've just about caught up. It's nice that the invertebrates are beginning to show and I need to put an effort in this month to get some more and hopefully some new ones. The same goes to get the 130 or so more plants that I still need and know they should be around if I look hard enough.
The moth trap is beginning to come into its own now and looking at the overnight catch (which I haven't checked yet and just covered it over, as it's stotting down) I reckon I should have hit the 600 mark. I can see two new ones for the year just looking through the funnel.

Anyway here's a few pictures and let flaming June begin ....  once it's stopped raining. I'm off now going to make a cuppa and check a few pots of creepy-crawlies thats in the fridge.


A few moths to start with - all nice big pretty ones





Pebble Hook-tip

Pale Tussock

Green Silver-Lines

Pale Prominent



A Hoverfly


Merodon equestris  - The Narcissus Bulb Fly

Bogbean (Menyanthes trifoliata)


and though outside the sqaure I love this field of Bluebells at this time of year







No comments:

Post a Comment