Tuesday 2 November 2010

Time to put the bird table back up

Moth trap out overnight but only a couple of moths present, 2 Light Brown Apple Moth and an Angle Shades. Nine Siskin flew over calling as I was examining it and a Great-spotted Woodpecker called in the half-light in the paddock.

Time to put the feeders and bird table up again as there were already a few tits in the garden and a single Long-tailed Tit arrived in the plum tree just after I went back indoors.
Checked many of the suitable berry trees for Waxwing on my way to work but still no joy. Still I reckon its just a matter of time.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you were out nice and early the other day and enjoyed your post and the comment by Steve. I live in Wallsend and have promised a visit to the area so any info picked up is invaluable. I laughed out load at the pheasant encounter, as i'm sure any other walker or birder has had the same experience. Even though you know it's going to happen sometimes it still makes you jump. LOL.
    John

    ReplyDelete