Saturday 2 February 2013

Spring in my step

I think I may suffer from seasonal affective disorder, winter depression or winter blues, or maybe I just don't like the cold. That's my excuse for the lack of entries in this Blog recently.

In my defence it has been very quiet. Even the RSPB garden watch last weekend produced only 14 Wood Pigeon, 2 Collared Dove, 2 Dunnock and single Blue Tit, Robin, Blackbird and Blue Tit in the garden. Oh, and the now semi-resident Grey Squirrel. The snow of course doesn't help either and I've hardly seen a flowering plant this year.

I thought I heard some Waxwing about 10 days ago by the Whitehills pub as I walked down into the Chester-le-Street, couldn't get the car out and no bus due to the snow, but I could not see anything that resembled one. Then today, along the A167, a flock of 7 flew across the road and landed in some trees on the edge of the Hermitage Wood, opposite the Chesters Grove garden centre. Some birds at last. I know it's only just turned February but with the days now noticeably lengthening  I feel a spring  in my step.

No comments:

Post a Comment