Sunday 16 March 2014

It was better during the week

Still very quiet around with the highlights being during the week with that little bit of sun. It produced a  Peacock butterfly on Wednesday, quickly followed by my first Ladybird, a Seven-spotted and Hoverfly, the abundant Marmalade Fly [Episyrphus balteatus] of the year, the latter being my earliest ever.

Peacock butterfly
Today the highlight were a couple of singing Chiffchaff in the woods, making my bird list rise to 88 for the year.

Chiffchaff

2 comments:

  1. Have been listening out for my first Chiffchaff at my park, so you are the first to mention seeing one. Hope some will arrive here soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully soon Amanda. There were quite a few early ones but these strong winds have put a block on any more arriving.

    ReplyDelete