Sunday 6 February 2011

Wet, Wet, Wet

Put the moth trap out  last night which was the warmest night since records began. Well at least since I started  my Christmas present weather station on 19th January. It didn't drop below 5.6C.  The result being one moth, a Chestnut (Conistra vaccinii) which obviously didn't want to get wet as I found it on the house wall, not in the trap.
I didn't want to get wet either but I did after a walk around this morning and despite fully waterproofed, wet I got. Even conifers don't give you that much shelter in winter.
The wildlife, like myself didn't want to get wet, with most birds perched up and sheltering. The best I could manage was a single Willow Tit, 2 fly over Golden Plover and a Curlew singing, though not displaying at Daisy Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment