Thursday 31 March 2011

A March Waldridge Willow Warbler

Quite a dull, breezy day with the wind gusting at 36mph when I left this morning. Even though it has swung round to the SW, I didn't put the moth trap out last night. I still managed one moth, as a Common Quaker had somehow found it way into the house.
I wasn't expecting anything as I headed off for work but as soon as I stepped out of the front door this morning a heard a Willow Warbler singing, as well as 2 Chiffchaff. Not only my first of the year but my first March Willow Warbler here at Waldridge, even if only just. It cheered me up no end.
I also saw a few more flowers for the first time this year with Ivy-leaved Speedwell and White Dead-nettle along the bridleway and Common Whitlow-grass on the pavement by the recycling area in the town centre. My OFFH (On foot from home) flora list is now standing at 41.

No comments:

Post a Comment